Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Okay, I lied... today was a better day!

So, to kind of pick up on my last post. I ended my last post abruptly because of some shocking but very pleasing news that was thrown at us by Ms. S. I guess now that she told everyone, that it's alright to say, but I rather like possessing secrets. Well, not secrets necessarily, but just information that I did not have earlier but I now have acquired. So, I think I'm going to use my awesome power to withhold this oh-so-amazing-but-not-really information from everyone.

Ahem. Now that that's done ('that' meaning meaningless garble-de-gook), I'll launch into my amazing after school escapades. So, in yearbook (to just finish up a bit)we worked on some assignment, basically an evaluation/how can we do better thing. I wanted mine to be good, so I kind of slacked off in class, knowing that I'd do a better job at home when I could focus. Ever get that feeling, like you can't work in a crowded computer-lab and that you'd rather do that in the comfort of your own home?

After school, Kels and I went to Starbucks on a whim and we saw Simone and her sister there. I made Kels order something, because I'd feel weird with just me getting something again. So, I got an iced white mocha (tall, thank you very much) and she had chai. So, for quite a while, we just sat at the eensy table chatting with Cosette, who, by the end, thought we were both more than slightly insane. What with the straws and the tennis-ball in the tree (no joke, look outside of the window in Starbucks and there's a green orb just stuck in the branches; it looks kind of unnatural. I don't actually think it's a tennis-ball, but..)and everyone giving us weird looks... We finally decided to get out of that place before we got in trouble or something, and we went to the library. I picked out a few books, (Milagro Beanfield War and um, Where the Heart Is ? I think that was it) and then we gallivanted down to the 1st floor and browsed movies and then went up again. Oh yeah, we bugged Katie, too. After a while, we checked all the stuff out and left. Well, she left, and I got my backpack and went back inside. I made my way back to the quietest, most lonely corner and plopped my stuff down at a mighty fine desk. It was amazing, the stillness of it all. It was as if I was alone, all alone, with nothing but tons and tons of books (biographies) around me. So, I sat down to do precal, but then realized I didn't have the assignment, and had really no way of obtaining it, so I resolved to rummage around for my sketchbook instead. But then I had an idea, a biography about Clinton caught my eye, and that's when it hit me that, hey, I was in the biography section. And so I sprang up and found a book about T.S. Eliot. And so I read that. And everything was wonderful.

No comments: