Friday, March 02, 2007

cannot even begin to describe

I'm filled with so much emotion and thought that I want to convey, that I know it's impossible to accomplish this; there's just too much. I certainly just want to throw out there first of all, before I look it over, that today was the epidome of, well, happiness. I know that yesterday I entitled my post "happiness," but that is because I had not yet lived today. Well, now I have, and my school day is now labled 'past,' but I fervently wish it wouldn't have to be. I wish, if I had to choose any school day to live over, well, no. Scratch that. If I could choose any school day to play over again, to watch, to experience it all over again in the exact same way, I would most likely choose today. Today has been the best school day that I can remember (which actually isn't saying much, considering I have the memory of a 'baby fly'...). There wasn't a huge life-changing event that took place.. I didn't win the lottery (though let's not even go there as far as happiness...) .. I didn't become appointed any special office of any sort... It was just, well, I can't even describe it. Well, I shall try, but like I said earlier, it won't even suffice. Today started out like any other day... well, no, that's actually a lie; it started out pretty different from other days, and not exactly in the best way either... but let's not go into that. So, in order to better my day, get it off to a good re-start, I made the impromptu and last-minute decision to go to Starbucks before school. I walked in, waited in line, got my Amazing Cup of Bliss, and departed. I didn't immediately gulp it down greedily; instead I savored it, just loving the feeling of holding this one hot object in a frigid world. As I walked over the overpass, in my ripped jeans, old sneakers, and navy fleece pullover, I just felt cool. Well, yes, literally, too.. actually I felt freezing cold, and was quite glad upon entering Ms. B.'s room (not that I'm usually not glad..). I could see her eyes behind her glasses take me in, particularly the beverage I was carefully setting on my desk, and I could see her smile ever so slightly. (Note: every single day she brings in coffee. It simply sits there on her desk; every so often she sips it thoughtfully as she reads or eyes her computer screen. Just thought I'd add that in, that tidbit). We talked before school, just chatting about 'thisandthat,' until she got a call on her cell-- some doctor was calling her, and she told the phone that she felt miserable. Without hesitating, and slightly incredulous at my own daring, I asked her about it, and she told me. In confidence, I'm presuming, so... Then the bell rang and English began, except I didn't actually do anything the rest of the class was doing; instead I ran around and signed everyone up for an author, like Ms. B. told me I could. I was very helpful and productive and managed to get everything done, as well as a few notecards. I left the IMC feeling elated, and proceeded to bio. The quiz wasn't actually great... it wasn't actually good either... I ended up getting the same (bad) grade as last time, but hey. Let us not dwell... Moving on, I went to S.A.. On the way, I finally parted with Grande White Mocha, throwing her into the trash with a graceful arc. Yeah, I made it. Well well well. She told me to, since I didn't actually get to work during class, take 45 min in the IMC working on my project. I eventually obliged, but not before talking to her about, oh, several things, namely, next year. I really think that 2 comp sci classes will... drain me, next year. And so I am seriously contemplating dropping Java/ AI (I feel blasphemous typing this, as I sit up in the loft, a mere few yards away from Mr. Y...). Yeah, so we talked more. I went to the library and worked, and then decided to finish up this "Time Photography" presentation I was working on last time for her. Basically I just had to find cool photos that somehow pertained to time. I returned to her room, and we talked. Well, what else is new, right? But today she seemed somehow more open, more giving, more friendly (if that's even possible). Every single day I interact and converse with her, she seems less like a locked door, less of a mystery. And yet, at the same time, more of one. Much more. She, today, confirmed my suspicion that she doesn't care about "big name colleges" and what others say and monetary things. It's amazing, talking to her. I realized that some of the things she was saying, I could be saying from my own mouth, I was talking to someone that reflected my own qualms, worries. Ha. With every word from her mouth, though, my worries were somehow waved away as unimportant, unneccessary. Well, the bell rang now. But you get the idea. I then went to lunch in bio and then came here.

No comments: