Tuesday, March 13, 2007

am i insane?

I'm in comp sci right now, and Mr. Y is walking around catching up on grading stuff. And I am eating a ham sandwich and wasting time on the computer. Okay, I finished (the sandwich, not the blogging, obviously). So today I woke up surprisingly like a normal person, that is, I heard the alarm, got up, and shut it off (instead of tackling my alarm clock and somehow shoving it in my backpack, as has happened before, I think). I did not indeed have coffee at all today; I think every single day, though desirable, probobly isn't the greatest thing ever for me. So instead I had actual substantial breakfast... if you call frootloops substantial... I drove to school, walked to English, and as soon as I walked in the door and set my stuff down at my desk right by hers, I said, "Oh. Crap." And she looked up at me from her computer and grinned, and I strode out of the room saying that I didn't get The Lord of the Flies like I was supposed to. Just my luck- the fookin' book depository was closed until 9:30 today. So, being the ingenious and crafy lady that I am, I went to the IMC. Kelly and I got the last copies. It was pretty sweet though; see, you're supposed to have an ID when you check out a book, but since the librarian knows me (from student aide, I guesss) she said, "oh, I know you, it's okay." So I didn't have to run back to Ms. B's room to get my ID. In class, we were put in groups and we had to do this little creative project. Basically it's making a survival booklet (it's a little intro assignment to Lord of the Flies..). And, well, I really tend not to like it when I'm in a group with all guys. I really have nothing against all guys; some are quite nice. Now, I don't want to make any generalizations here, so I had better watch my mouth... or fingers, as the case may be.. Anyway, the point is that I was put in a group with 3 gentlemen that are... well, kind of disgusting. At least they worked, though. We ended up being a good group. I did all the drawings, and even drew a little map, and they mostly wrote the instructions. A lot of what they wrote is kind of demented and some parts are obscure... but it's all cool. It's sort of funny..,you know, if you tilt your head and squint. Well, then after that escapade I went to my doom, I mean bio. Well, no. I'm exaggerating here. The test wasn't that horrible. The matching was the very worst part. Now I'm eating frootloops (dry); we had to do an assignment for a while but I'm back now. So after bio I went to S.A. where I made this poster for her and then she left to go meet Ms. N somewhere about something. I kinda chilled out and ate some of my lunch and drew in my sketchbook, and then when she came back, she had about a zillion things for me to copy. I took them with a smile that probobly looked a bit like a grimace, and then headed for the IMC. Okay, this parts kind of stupid. I normally don't give up on jobs, but there were 4 people waiting at the table and I was told to go back. I walked back to her room and Alice tagged along with me. I thought she was going to leave when we got back to the room, but no, she came in with me. Ms. B. gave us a funny look and I said, there were already 4 people there. Ms. B. said that she was sorry and that I should just go wait. Meanwhile Alice was waving all goofy at this teacher she doesn't even know. I went back to the IMC and waited... and waited. When it was my turn, I was a complete idiot and didn't remember how to staple with the copier. So I spent a million billion hours stapling all the packets by hand, and I was still working away 20 minutes into lunch when Kelsey came. Together we finished. Near the end, Mrs. W. came up to me and said, "Do you want me to show you how to use the stapler?" It was completely humiliating, but I finally finallllly got it done and we proceeded back to Ms. B.'s room. She was very happy and K, J, and I all sat around. They left, and then I talked to Ms. B. a bit more while I ate my yogurt with her spoon. Luckily I remembered all my junk that I left in her room this morning... Well, now there's only a half hour left, and then I go to tennis. It's so weird. I don't know what to expect, so I'm just going today with an open mind. Well, we'll see how this goes, huh? I have stats and precal and still lots of English research to do yet.. and all of it's due tomorrow. Yikes. So. Plan: 1/2 hour here, go to tennis 'til 5ish, take L home, get home and watch my brother, plant him in front of a movie so I can work like crazy and hope I finish before I conk out due to exhaustion. And maybe eat some ice cream on the side.

There. See an exciting day in the life of me. Sometimes I wonder.. am I crazy? The whole running (literally) around before school trying to locate a copy of a book, bombing the matching part of the bio, making a million copies of a million packets and not even doing them right, always stealing Ms. B.'s spoons, scarfing my lunch in comp sci, and now going to join a sport that I've never even played (again, I probobly shouldn't be admitting that...)?

insane

No comments: