Monday, March 05, 2007

Chase and Skylar

So I went for a run with Kelsey, (the longer run again) and then came home. And right after I came home, the new neighbor Jenn, I think is her name, came over with her kids. I don't know exactly why they came over... something to do with jewelry, I think, for my mom? I really don't know. The point is, I just spent like a half hour talking with a 4 yr old? girl and a 3 year old boy. Mostly I played cars with the boy. I've watched them once before, but not for very long (like in a half hour stretch like today). But before Chase (the boy) wouldn't ever talk... well, today he did. We talked about airplanes and cars and the movie Cars and how Lightning McQueen was his favorite one and the toys he has at home. So then they left, and he was really sad to go (Skylar was with my sister, playing with unicorns or littlest pet shop or something..). Well, as they were out the door, his mom said to him, "Do you want to give Kristen a hug?" and he shied away. His mom said, "Want to give Sherri a hug?" and he shied away at first, then hesitated for a split second, then gladly hugged me. And I was pretty happy. I like kids. And sometimes, (a lot of the time, hopefully) kids like me, too. Yeah, that made me a tad happier; now I'm just kind of content. Maybe it was the run..

No comments: