Friday, March 16, 2007

crazy day... absolutely crazy

Okay okay okay. Lots of catch up work to do here. I know I owe everyone that amazing com sci sub story (the one about that really crappy picture of the confused guy), but that is going to have to wait, as I am about to conk out because of exhaustion. But first I must relate at least a bit of this day. English was kind of bland, really, for once. We presented our survival guide things and then worked on our works cited thing. I kind of just want this research paper to be done already... Precal was aight; Mrs. S. didn't do anything remarkably amusing today, not really. We get to do corrections since everyone pretty much failed that one part. And this is going to save me somewhat. Stats was just kind of chill. Sarah read my poem... I'd post it, but I'm afraid it's too personal. I'm actually quite happy with it. Who am I turning into? Some coffee-addict, sketchbook-clutching maniac who writes poetry while listening to classical music at 1:30 in the morning?? (this was last night, by the way). Apparently. But wait, it gets weirder. Where was I, anyway? Oh right. Stats.. Mr. P kind of just did problems and no one really paid attention. I kind of half attempted to at least look like I was... but to no avail. I ended up zoning out and scribbling a drawing of a bird on my crumpled piece of homework. Ah. Lunch. J and I were walking to Ms. B.'s room. We burst in and loudly belt a "Hey!"... but then we realize she's on the phone, so I grabbed my tennis close and sadly left. After meeting A in... A-wing.. we decided to go to yearbook. We chilled there for a while, and then it was actual yearbook class, where I and my fellow yearbookies were instructed by the wonderful members of film society on the proper techniques and workings of video cameras. I won't really use them at all, but hey.. After yearbook, I went with L to talk to Ms. H about this NHS project; apparently I'm going to make a poster for 'unique week' in April. Then we went to tennis, where I was convinced that I should just go for it, that I should play tomorrow. So, even though I don't have really the slightest clue what I'm doing, really, and I can't serve worth beans, I am going to play in the tournament tomorrow. It should prove quite an adventure. After tennis I went home for all but an hour, and then S picked us all up and we went to this ballroom dance thing (some dance to benefit ballroom club). At first it was sort of ridiculous, but then it got actually pretty interesting. I liked it. Some things were absolutely insane. Oh yeah, I got some great blackmail photos, guys.. heh heh heh. (Nice one of, um..). My personal favorite was the meringue ; it was quite enjoyable, especially done all fast, and then all slow-like. I also waltzed, cha-cha'ed , tangoed a bit, and of course, swing-danced. After that was all done and over, we traipsed to the cars and drove to... (yes, you guessed it!): Starbucks!! I got my obligatory white mocha. After we kind of got kicked out, we all walked over to the pond. We sat at the picnic table, played freeze tag (crazy), and lay on our backs and looked up at the stars. It felt just really crazy. After a long time, we finally got up, stood around on the sidewalk for a very very long time, and basically just chilled. At a little after 10 we left. Because we needed to get up early tomorrow (tennis)... And so what am I doing?? Sitting here, at 11, typing away. I need to be in bed! So that's where I'm headed. Wish me luck at my first tennis game ever. I hope it doesn't suck too bad; at least we get to sit around and watch more practiced players too...

No comments: