Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Time time time

Kristen, Danny, and I are chillin' at home. It's just us for the rest of the week; mom and dad go back to work. Dan's watching the Backyardigans, Kristen's drawing, and I should be. I am still not in my room. I'll be in the front room for at least a few more days, but it doesn't matter. It's not really that bad. I'm just looking forward to the time when everything will be... settled. Well, good news: my neighbors are now home, and so are Janey's owners. It's kind of interesting. In Janey's house, there are family pictures everywhere. The dad looks remarkably like yilk, the mother is a large Mexican woman, and the baby looks pretty normal. On a different subject, I wonder if Nellie's owners are going to ever pay me. Hm. Well, whatever. It's interesting that I really want to go back to school. I mean, it's nice having a break, but it gives way too much time, and I am horrible with time-management. For example, I got up this morning, took a shower, got dressed, and got sucked into the TV for over an hour. I might have still been there, had my sister not come in carrying my brother. I don't consider myself a TV kind of person, but sometimes a weird thing comes over me, where I can't escape the TV. Anyway, managing my time is not one of my strengths. Also, this... abundance of time gives people time to let their mind wander. Now, thinking is not a bad thing, but dwelling on one thing is not good for a person. Kind of like the song Stuck in a Moment, by U2. Anyway, I am realizing that, it being a new year and all, I would really like some closure, at least as far as a certain subject. Other subjects I am completely uninterested in; some people I just don't want to deal with right now. But as far as this certain subject, I realize that it is completely unresolved, which is kind of affecting a slightly different subject. All of this is most likely just garbled-up nonsense to the reader, but I would just appreciate closure. Some things can just go loose, up in the air, let's-forget-about-it-and-move-on. But, as I look at a picture here on my messy desk, I don't think this is really one of them. But just to clarify things, this isn't critical. I mean, it's not the most important thing ever, but I see no reason why I need to be afraid of asking questions to find out answers. I realize that, in general, I really don't know a lot. And if I want to know something, I can just ask. I mean, really. Where's the harm in that? If I want something, I need to DO something to make it happen. No one got anywhere by being sedentary. So, I'm getting up.

No comments: