Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My day was a piece of cake for once.


I had 4 pieces of cake today. It’s kind of crazy. I had 2 at school, 2 at home. 3 of these pieces were fairly small, but one was pretty big. I just finished my big piece. It was kind of my dinner. Wait. Scratch that. I had cold pizza and orange juice for dinner. Eh. So I’m doing English now, so I’m not complaining. I have one more paragraph to write. It is kind of like the conclusion to my little scrapbook thing. I have really enjoyed this assignment. I’m looking forward to tomorrow, too, when we present our plays. Ms. B. gave the class a little pep-talk today, and our group worked a LOT better than on Friday, when we were assigned this project. Almost everyone contributed at least a little, and no one had any inappropriate ideas. We got a surprising amount of work done, actually. I’m quite pleased. But apparently a lot of people had come to her outside of class to ask her if they could be put in different groups, so at least a few groups disbanded and I think a few people are even working individually. But I was determined to stay a group for two reasons: A) we weren’t actually that bad off on Friday. No one was yelling or cussing; people were just unresponsive and completely lacking enthusiasm. And B), Ms. B. said something to the effect of “But yes, you may work independently or in smaller groups if you so choose. I respect your inability to work together peacefully.” Something like that. I wanted to show that I am NOT incapable of working with other human beings in a civil manner. Anyway, I typed up the play and it will hopefully go okay tomorrow. I just need to remember to bring in some fake flowers.. maybe a watering can… For once I can’t complain at how Precal went. It was more or less a sane class, I did well on the quiz, and I now sit by a good friend. I think this semester will be MUCH more bearable. I had no one near me 1st semester. Stats… eh…And then I went to the dentist. It was pretty dandy. I never understand why my mother gets nervous going to the dentist. It’s not that exciting, really. I had to wait a while, so I was glad that I had remembered a book. A really good book (which Ms. B. coincidentally just read too! Insane! She loved it TOO! Anyway.. I’ll compose myself now…). I didn’t want my eyes to start watering right there in the waiting room of the dentist’s office… luckily they didn’t. So I’m convinced. There is a giant conspiracy against sherri, and now my dentist is in on it too. Great. What is the one question great for making small talk with a junior in high school? Answer: “Well, what are you planning on doing? Looking at any colleges yet?” Well, I’d answer, except there was kind of metal in my mouth! Don’t you hate it when dentists ask you questions, and you can never answer? They do realize that you can’t talk, right? Hello!? Anyway, that question is all I’m being bombarded with these days. I can’t escape it. I keep running into it. Everywhere I go! The rest of the appt. passed with no incident, and then I went to yearbook, where I was luckily able to get a lot done. I’m really pleased with it, actually. Not to sound egotistical or anything. I have a door now. A door to my room. No doorknob, but a door. Oh. Random note to anyone that may find this at all interesting: I have a Swingline stapler. I should go finish my English so I can read some more of my book, but first I shall put in one last tidbit of information. Today I got the weirdest email ever. It was pretty startling. No, people, it wasn’t from Gysbertus (though I am still checking!). It was from myself. My PAST self. Over a year ago, I went to futureme.org or something like that. It lets you send emails into the future. I had picked a random date and sent myself a really dorky email. It was basically senseless rambling, but it went something like this “good luck on your next math test. I had a math test today. Do you like math? When you get this email I want you to have a good day! Partay!…” Blah blah blah. You get the picture. So. I had forgotten all about that. I don’t remember if I sent multiple emails. I’m pretty sure I sent them to only myself though… it could be pretty catastrophic otherwise. I mean, once an email is sent, it’s sent. Well, that about sums up my day. I made a cake. Wow. And my eye really itches for some reason.

No comments: