Tuesday, January 23, 2007

ho-hum kinda day

Crunch. I'm at home. Eating Dorritos and listening to music. My house, as usual, is chaos. My little brother is running around; he's being chased by two 5th grade girls, who are yelling and shreiking in extremely high-pitched voices. My mom is talking to me, crunching on chips herself. Now I'm iming, and I should go soon, to take my sister and her friend to art class. I'm really happy: only precal for tomorrow. Today was.. what's the word for it... hum-drum. It wasn't a bad day at all, but there was this certain quality that just made it ... monotonous. Nothing special happened. In English we had to write some things about our first memoir... not a good thing. But I was tired of her not really knowing, so I asked her for help at the end of the period. She looked over my little summary, and as she read it, she gave a knowing smile. Not a happy smile, but a "ah. I see. I know what this is now" type of smile. And she gave a tiny nod and said, "This will be a hard story to write. A really hard story. But it will be a good one." And then I sat down. Things were okay in bio; we finished the lab, and then I made a duck named after our teacher. It was a mighty fine duck. Student Aid was okay. I got a lot done, but we didn't really talk much. I averaged some grades for her, checked off things, and followed her to the IMC, where she was talking to Ms. L. Then I bought dance tickets. Then went to Comp Sci. Uneventful. Then I drove L home. Now I'm doing bio, for some reason. I'm in a bio mood.

No comments: