Monday, January 08, 2007

Contented sigh

I feel amazing. Well, I guess that is a bogus overstatement, but I am very happy right now. It's kind of unexplainable. I knew I'd be happy when school got back. Today wasn't very much like I had pictured it, but it was great nonetheless. It wasn't a spectacular day; I mean, I didn't hang out with my friends a ton or throw things or have a hootin' hollerin' good time or anything. And it wasn't a spectacular day in that I got a bunch A+'s back or anything. It was just nice. It felt nice to finally be doing something different. It felt nice to be out of that dismal Health classroom. And it felt nice to be in control picking up my brother from daycare. This time I went alone to pick him up (oddly, usually someone is there with me, either my sister or someone), and everyone treated me nicely and courteously (sp?), instead of like a crazy woman trying to kidnap a kid (like they did the first time my sister and I picked him up). Well, I got him in the carseat (which, by the way, is an amazing feat, actually it is near impossible), and drove him home and we ate donuts and talked. So. I like my schedule changes. This is looking like it is going to be an interesting semester; I think I'm going to like it better than the last. Health class? Come on. Total ripoff, though that is definitely not the right word, but I'll use it for lack of a better one. And SAT/ACT prep? I am sure glad to be out of there. Though I will miss some of my classmates. Actually, I have another class with the ones I am thinking of, so nevermind that. Yes. Computer Science is not that bad. I actually liked the first day, though I doubt anyone else really did. Except maybe that weird kid... Anyway, we simply watched a movie about Galileo. I liked it a lot, because it made me think a lot. As I sat in that horribly horribly uncomfortable chair, I pondered math and science and religion and philosophy and art. You know. Interesting things. Oh. Biology was really cool too. See, this stuff is what I pictured learning at the beginning of the year. I really like cell-splitting stuff. I was surprisingly focused in class. Oh yeah! I just thought of something else! We are doing the most amazing project in English. Well, okay. The project itself isn't incredibly amazing (though it is going to be really cool), it was presented in such a way that I really liked. In other words, the instructions were really funny. So my brother was just wearing my tennis shoes and sharpening pencils (he loves to sharpen pencils), but then he jumped up frightened, afraid of a "shark." So now he's on my lap. I love the little guy. Yeah. Today's a good day. I'll do a little more drawing for yb, some drawing for English, and then do bio. Contented sigh.

No comments: