Friday, January 26, 2007

Fun day....

I just absconded to my neighbor’s to take care of Lady, their dog. And, how do I put this… it was basically a horrendous sight. There were puddles of goop the color of tar and the consistency of pudding that has been left out for a long time. But that was nothing compared to the acrid smell. It almost made me retch just walking into the room. What did this dog eat??? So, after pacing the room a bit to calm my nerves some, I resolved to clean it up. What else was there to do? I seem to have the worst luck when watching people’s dogs… After what seemed like an eternity in hell, I finally managed to get it cleaned up.

That was my most recent adventure. Before that, I was in back up in LA. Let’s back up a bit here. I went to school (more about that later), and then sped home, where I found not one crazy two-year old, but two of them. Apparently my mother volunteered to watch a co-worker’s daughter, whom I have babysat before. I watched them for a while (which was kind of interesting but extremely draining), then we all drove up to LA to take her to her house. Then we went to the high school for a while, to drop off Kristen’s experiment. Ms. R still hates my guts.. Then my dad (who met us there) suggests we eat out somewhere, so we head to Des Colores (sp?). After that we finally go home.

Now to talk about current topics of interest, topics I should be worried about (and am, to some extent). First is the imposing SAT I am taking bright and early tomorrow morning. I am, even now, getting nagged to study or something. I should probably do some sort of preparation…Well, I’ll get to that soon. And I want/ need to get a lot of sleep tonight. Next topic is the dance. I don’t know what I’m doing tomorrow. Besides the SAT, I mean. I will likely go to the science fair, but maybe my sister’s basketball game first. After that, everything is totally up in the air. I’m not even sure what dress I am wearing…

Then comes registration. Why does life have to be so complicated??? I want to take classes I will like/ that are interesting to me. My parents can only see into the far future. They tell me to take classes that directly correlate to what I want to be. Uh, problem: I don’t know that yet! I don’t know where I want to go for Pete’s sake. Sigh. I have ideas, but I have a feeling that my plans, er, will kind of clash with those of my parents. Deviating from the norm is not desirable. But I decided (today in stats, actually) that I officially do not want to take a lot of math. I don’t enjoy math, and I am not particularly good at it. At one point it may have interested me quite a bit, but now that is certainly not the case.

So that’s that. I’m going to go now…

No comments: