Friday, January 19, 2007

Driving home was the highlight of my amazing day

Today was unbelievable beyond compare. It’s inexplicable how content I am. I’ve decided that I love Fridays. I absolutely do. Especially A Fridays. In English we read our memoir openers and discussed things (kind of boring). In Bio we took notes and played with clay (pretty sweet). Student Aid was really cool. Ms. B. had me make a powerpoint presentation and put a bunch of photographer facts on it, and a bunch of pictures. And then I made a longer one. She was over-joyed, thrilled. She was ecstatic that I made it work. But the weird thing is that it wasn’t actually a hard task. She told me it’d be a challenge. I’m beginning to understand that she… is sort of lacking in computer skills. It’s okay though. She and I talked for a while, when I got back. She told me I would really enjoy humanities, and then we somehow got to talking about yearbook. We talked a lot. Then I went to lunch.. in the yb office. Ran to comp sci; it was okay. We did a few things, but I got a lot of gametime in too. That class is so relaxed, it’s amazing. After school I went to yearbook and finished up one last thing. I’m so happy! The other thing that made me giddy and elated was that Ms. S. was very pleased with my writing (the writing that I did late last night after finishing The Memory Keeper’s Daughter). It just gave me a contentedness all over. Way cool. Know what? I’m always carrying something weird from the yearbook office to my car in Sullivan Field. Yesterday it was a big pot of flowers. Today it was B. A.’s blanket, piñata, and cake tub. And L. A.’s hat. That was interesting. I have never felt so good driving home. I thought of how I was just a girl wearing a superman hoodie and ripped jeans. I turned the music up way loud to a really good song and I opened the windows, to feel the rush of frigid air. It felt good to be going 60 or so, my car slicing through the air, the roar of wind in my ears. I felt in control for once. I felt completely useful and productive today for once. I got home and ate cereal, thoughtfully crunching as I stared at the window. Little steps at a time, I told myself. At least I was making progress. I’m pretty sure I’m taking Humanities next year; not AP English (though I have the option to do either Hum, reg, or AP). And I know that I need to take Gov and Econ. And I will be in Yearbook. That’s 3 for sure classes. 4, actually, since Humanities is two blocks. I also am probably going to take AP Calc, and I want to take a science class, though I don’t know what yet. Arg. I would so take AP Bio if not for the teacher. I was discussing this with a fellow student today: teachers really affect you. You spend more time around teachers than your own parents. (Because when you’re at home, you’re either doing homework or sleeping or eating or something. Not spending time with parents.) They can make you like something so so much, or they can completely turn you off of something. Sigh. I told Ms. B today that I had no idea what I’m going to do. It’s really tough to make decisions. All the same, today was really good.. I told so many teachers to have a good weekend, it’s not even funny! What a dork. Another reason today was good relates back to my attire today. Wearing these clothes, I feel like a cartoon. A while back J was asking about when I would be happiest, what would be my Utopia. I answered, “I’m happy now,” but I guess if it could be ANY thing, I’d want to be a cartoon. I’m not a crazy clownhead. I know that that’s not possible. But it’d be cool to think about. Man, if I were a cartoon… maybe that’s why today was so cool. I felt very cartoonish. Yeah. I’ll go. But first, a pic….. of a goofy lady looking kind of evil. Since not many people know what my favorite teacher actually looks like, I’ll show them. (But she really doesn’t look this creepy normally.)

This is Ms. B. (I took the picture for yearbook, people! I’m NOT an insane stalker). Funny funny funny...

No comments: