Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My ridiculously horrible nasty day. Screaming, ranting, and raving ensue.

Today was as bad as yesterday was good. Actually, probobly more so. Basically, today sucked. Royally. My 'lovely' day started out when I dropped my phone behind my bed. (It had been on the bed, I guess, ever since last night.) I said, "whatever," and decided to forget about it. So I... Hm. Well. Dangit. Everyday I get more and more upset that people I know are actually reading this. Now, you reader, don't think I'm mad at you for reading this. I kind of just wish this were annonymous, so I could say what I really want to say. For this, I suppose it would not be couth or sane to say this next thing, but basically it's not the best time. So that was another bad thing about today that was bugging me all day, which usually doesn't bug me. Hrm. So then I went into the kitchen, already late. I began to empty the dishwasher and was about halfway done when I was trying to juggle a bunch of plates, bowls, and a measuring cup (I use the word "juggle" loosely here. I was not actually trying to juggle them, though it doesn't sound that far from something I'd do). I don't know how, but I guess I was carrying way too much, and I dropped the nice, expensive, glass measuring cup. And it made a big loud crash. And shattered. I yelled. Thereby waking up my brother. Well, everyone came in and I stammered, "Oops.." My dad told me to get the vacuum, so I dragged the heavy thing out into the kitchen and spent a ridiculous amount of time getting every last shard. Basically I had to vacuum the entire kitchen. I don't know how it shattered so far. Then I ate some frootloops to calm my nerves. My mom, brother, and sister were running late too, and we were heading out the door at the same time, coincedentally (though I was driving in the Honda seperately), but then my mom says, "Sherri, don't forget your phone!" I pause for a moment and groan. I realize my phone is in the dark chasm by my bed that is nearly impossible to gain access to. So I humor my mother and my own determination and I work on getting the stupid phone out for a while. I realize that it is almost 8, so I miraculously get my phone, dash out the door with a piddly little lunch of frootloops, a cookie, and water. Oh, and squished muffins. I drive to school quite sanely and calmly, surprisingly. Then things were fine... I wasn't late... Well, then English, my most favorite class, was not my cup of tea. Instead of reading PL to us like she often does with her honey-sweet voice that makes you think you could listen to it forever, she had us read with a partner... that she chose. Well, it wasn't horrible, but it was pretty boring. My partner wasn't horrible, I guess...Then lovely lovely Precal with the woman I adore. (Note the sarcasm.) We had a butt-load of homework, a mountain, if you will. Whatever. It's more or less easy. Stats wasn't horrible, but I can't place my finger on a good thing, either. I made a mistake in Sarah's notebook. We went over the final. Then Mr. P droaned on and on about some crap that dealt with probobility. I know that much. I was bored so I went to the bathroom, then to the office to get a drink (it has the best water, you know). Lunch pissed me off beyond reason. People. People, people, people. I shoulda forwarned everyone or something, but today is not a very good day to mess with me. I am living on like 5 1/2 hours of sleep (when I personally need about 10 or 11 to be extremely well rested), I am in severe pain, and I am not in the mood. It's amazing how different today is from yesterday. Well, anyway, I wish I could make an announcement to the world: don't take a jab at my family, because that is taking a jab at me. This was a bad jab. A wound, you might say. Please pass it on that I do not find it funny, nor amusing in the least bit, nor interesting, to hear crap about the man whom I call my father. You people do not know him. I would advise you not to make remarks about people you do not know. Why the heck do you think you have that right? People who shall remain nameless do this to me often. They tell me that my parents hate them. This is bogus horse crap. You don't have that right to assume that. Well, whatever. Assume whatever the heck you want. It just won't be correct. Example situation: someone says "Yo. Your dad hates me. He's always grumpy. He's mean." I say, "No. You're wrong." The same someone continues on and on and on about crap they shouldn't even be saying. Now, this really hits home because of a certain fact about me. Now, a lot of people reading this are at this point going, "Uh... what is she ranting and raving about? What?", but some know this fact about me. They know what my dad did for me. He chose. Okay? Is that mean? Is it mean to adopt a little girl and take her into your home and care for her and love her and take her on RV trips and introduce her to the church and her very best friend and buy her a camera and teach her piano and buy her a puppy and wash her sheets when she had accidents in them and stay with her in the hospital until 3 in the morning and paint her room blue for her???????? Just asking. Man, I'm fuming. What really defines a parent? Just blood-related? Certainly not. Holy CRAP not. To all you idiots out there who think that, screw you. A parent is someone that loves you and cares for you, teaches you and prepares you for life. Some aren't very good at it. Some are short-tempered. Some blunder through it. Screw-ups are made. (esp. with the guinea pig first child). But your parents are still your parents. The most important people in your life for the first 18 years. The ones you look up to and trust. And love. Okay people? I love my dad. Don't talk crap about people unless you know them. That's like me saying, "Wow. I hate Ms. S." I've spoken to her a few times, and have seen a few bad experiences, but I, in all honesty, do NOT live with her, do NOT know her, and therefore do NOT have any right to judge her. I don't have a right to really judge anyone. I don't think I've ever seen myself like this, but I really cannot stop typing. It might have something to do with my severe tireness, my headache, my other aches, and the mountain of homework I have. And the prospect that the homework will only get worse from here.
So.
What now? Ah, well, I would talk about the rest of the day, but it really is not worth mentioning. Oh, but I should at least include a FEW more examples of my rotten day. There were plenty, beleive me. I didn't get much done in yb. I stupidly talked to Kenya (a code name, btw) after school for a long time before I realized that I needed to go pick up my brother. I ran to my car. I stopped running to my car when I slipped on the ice. I walked quickly the rest of the way to my car. I sped to WR. I was late getting him. I was a few feet from hitting a stupid red car in the middle of the intersection. I screamed. And right now my hands are quite cold and I have a horrible horrible ache. I need some Tylenol, a sweatshirt, and a nap.

No comments: