Tuesday, February 06, 2007

that awesome A-day feeling again

I'm in comp sci now.. just finished a few assignments and now I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs, figuratively. It's kind of hard to twiddle your thumbs and type at the same time. And I'm in a different seat again. I kind of like not staying in the same seat twice. I don't think I've ever actually sat in this spot ever before, and last time I sat all by myself in the little room, which I actually liked the best. Before, I thought that I was one of the slow ones (because our very first assignment I wasn't nearly first one done), but apparantly I'm not. Almost everyone is still working. Oh well. It really doesn't matter in the least.
And yes, A days continue to amaze/ cheer me up! Go A days! Here are some examples of my amazing A-day: - First, my mom actually made a sandwich. A very very good sandwich, carefully, meticulously crafted with tender love and care. Or something like that...
- Second, I remembered to call when I got to school, which in turn made my mom very very happy ("Yes! Sherri actually listened for once! I'm doing something right!") And that happiness will radiate and spill over into this afternoon when I go home. And that will make for a pleasant afternoon.
-Third (Oh, yes, it gets better), in English we got put into groups. Our group got the hardest topic. Now, some people would be puzzled at this. Why in the world is she happy that she got the hardest task? Well, she told us she gave it to our group, because we were the ones she thought were capable. I like being called capable. And we worked diligently, preparing questions for our discussion tomorrow.. our graded discussion. Oh boy. Well, it'll be fine.
-Fourth, I took a math test! Best of all, I didn't forget to take it. And I got out of bio (which isn't actually a good thing, but hey. I actually really like going to bio).
[long time passes]
Okay, now I'm back. I was doing stuff, like playing games, and also completing another assignment. Where was I? right.
-Fifth, student aiding was amazing! At first it wasn't... I had to copy a million things that she was borrowing from Ms. Stu. And she seemed extremely unhappy. But then I came back and we talked for a long time. She told me she hated putting in grades, and we talked for a while. Then she had me type up an assignment for my class, which was totally rockin' awesome (assigning point values and such). Then I copied it, cut it, and put it in a folder. We talked for the remainder of the period, actually sustaining an intelligent conversation. Ha. And she said she liked my drawing I drew on the chalkboard (she was gone for the first 10 minutes of the period, so I just picked up the chalk and started drawing). Yeah...
-Sixth, lunch was amusing. More so than usual. Eating in that room is usually fun, but today it was just intensified for some reason. Maybe because I think bugging J is incredibly entertaining.
-Seventh (I'm not running out of ideas yet!), I was able to quickly program. I got 3 things done today, with ease. Which is kind of weird... Maybe next year will be bearable. No, more than bearable. Enjoyable. I discovered that several people in here are taking a bunch of comp classes next year too. Hrm.
Let's keep this "Awesome A-day" feeling alive! I'm really liking this feeling; I don't know what it is. But let's keep it alive, extend it into B-day territory tomorrow. Hey, at least no test tomorrow, right? At least no stupid stats hw, right?

Now for some other junk, just because.
(admission 699 699)
"Reject"
CL-USER> (admission 699 730)
"Wait List"
CL-USER> (admission 790 890)
"Accept"
CL-USER>

I close with that.

No comments: