Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm actually glad..

I'm actually kind of relieved, in a weird way, that the long weekend is over. I mean, I loved sleeping in (when I could), but it needs to be over. Oh yeah, Happy B-day to Julie, yesterday. Happy? Hm. Today was rather interesting. I woke up to my mom yelling at my sister to "Go get towels- lots! Ahhhhh! The toilet's over-flowing!!!" So, I was half-awake, half-asleep, listening to my entire family yelling and screaming and trying to figure out what was going on, and why the toilet was acting wonky. I had been up til 1 or 2 reading The Time Traveler's Wife (which is insane, by the way. Absolutely insane). So, naturally, I was still tired and I flopped over, just listening to their conversation. They thought that Danny had flushed a toy duck down the toilet, because that was missing. Well, my dad tinkered with the toilet for a while, and whatever the problem was disappeared. Soo. That was my day. I read some more of the TTW, and did some precal. Then I went to K's house, with J... and we studied bio after eating grilled cheese sandwiches. And talked. And it was very... hm, I don't suppose there's even a word to describe it. I'm sure there's not. Anyway, then J and I went home, and I felt a lot better driving home than I did when I left K's house... I chilled with my bro and took him to Barron's house (the dog) to take care of him. Those people seem to leave on vacation increasingly often. Well, they are now both retired... Then we came home and I had pizza with WAY too much sauce on it and also some root beer. Now everyone is at Smiths but me and Kristen. I wrote thank you cards... just because. And I also (miraculously) practiced piano. I was flipping through one of my books and saw Til There Was You. And I knew that I'd heard that song somewhere, and then it hit me: the Wedding Singer. I watched it yesterday... Hm. So, I think that on Saturday at my lesson I'm going to ask to bypass all the songs in between and play Til There Was You (I played it a little just now; I like it). It's apparantly from The Music Man, a musical (who'd have guessed?). Sigh. Yeah, I don't like the C word... collages. Shudder shudder. I didn't do miraculously on the SATs... in fact I'm not too pleased with my score. ARG. It's this big stupid deal, this collages thing. It's this huge, massive, important, imposing event looming ever closer... I guess I can keep shoving it to the back of my mind, but time is running out. Certainly within the year I must decide/ apply/ get things straigtened out. Sometimes I want to go west (Cali!), sometimes east east east (Virginia, perhaps?), sometimes I fall in love with the vast blue Southwest sky and never ever want to leave. Hm. So, in order to better/ affect my future not exactly directly, I think I'm going to actually do my homework. Finish precal, yes. Do stats? Hey, that's pushing it. Well, whatever. I keep batting back and forth between caring a whole whole lot and wanting to do amazing in life and get a great job (whatever that is...but don't get me started) and not caring so much, things like test scores and grades and colleges really don't matter in the big scheme of things. Yeah. Guess I'm off to do hw...

No comments: