Monday, February 26, 2007

And I'm back.

Ah. So. Well, where do I begin? It has indeed been a long time since I actually posted, so here we go. I want to: A) catch things up a bit and get back on track here and B) (more importantly) I want to evade and run from my precal homework for as long as possible. Hm. Well, okay, it’s not that horrible.

Alright, so, Saturday. It was kind of a veg-out kind of day, as in “do nothing but lounge around on my bed and sleep a little and read tTTW (which I finished, by the way. It was very sad; it made me cry a lot. It was also very…… descriptive). I pretty much did nothing. On Sunday, wow, a lot happened. I went to church, I came home and changed, the phone rang and it was someone in CO. I didn’t answer. Then I called K and drove to her house, where an… incident happened. It was really weird and scary. K and I drove to my house and then ran back down to her house. Yeah, literally. 2 miles straight.

So today I’m kind of sore. It wasn’t so bad early on, but while sitting in stupid CRT testing today I realized that I was actually sort of in pain. I hated stupid testing; it was the worst experience ever. First of all, a teacher that I don’t really like (well, I shouldn’t say that, because I’ve never actually had him, but let’s just say we don’t get along) was proctoring. He, though he’s been an English teacher for a long time, reads very slowly. I finished each section speedy fast, though I don’t know why, I didn’t bring a book. After the last test, though, I chanced working on writing an English memoir, and I luckily didn’t get in trouble at all. So. That was my fun-filled morning.

I went to lunch, Key Club. Oh yeah, that reminds me. As of 3:49 pm today I officially changed my ACT test date to June 9 instead of April. Soo… I CAN go to convention- yay! That’s good news at least. After Key Club I grabbed a computer and started madly typing, trying fervently to get my memoir (my very first, good, deep, emotional one) done. I didn’t really do it, but I got close. Anyway, it didn’t even matter, because when I walked in the door (almost late..) she told us that it was due tomorrow instead. Well, jeez, great. Now ya tell us.

We’re doing a research paper, apparently. And I’m actually looking forward to it; I was one of the few ones not groaning. At first I groaned a liiitle bit, but then when I actually looked at the assignment I quit. So basically we have to choose a British author, do research on him and on his works, etc. I might do Chaucer.. maybe. On the other hand, I think I want to do CS Lewis. Did you know his real name is Clive Staples Lewis?? Insane. So, that’s that. Bio was relatively sane; poor Mr. T is sick, like I was a week ago. Sigh. Being sick sucks. We made DNA and RNA. Not really but hey, we can pretend.

After school I drove K home, to my home, and we ran to her house, running the whole time again. I’m pretty proud. I’m actually really happy about doing this, happy to finally finally run again. I wasn’t allowed to for 3 months after the whole meningitis thing. Now I’m back, the old me. Well, maybe the new me…

So even though I’m really really sore and I have a mountain of precal weighing down on my heart and Ms. B. seemed… distant today, I’m happy. I feel oddly content. Maybe it’s the whole ‘figuring out the whole dark and light memoir and my life’ thing, and maybe it’s the whole ‘insanely, enthusiastically, breathlessly, happily running 2 miles everyday now’ thing, and maybe it’s something else entirely. But all I know is that, well, even though today actually wasn’t marvelous (far from it, actually…), things are okay, chill.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I’m kind of a cookie addict, at least today I am. That’s pretty much all I’ve eaten today. I ate a breakfast cookie (weird, I know), about a dozen chocolate chip cookies, some Oreos, some peanut butter girl scout cookies, a thin mint, and now a Tagalong (my absolute favorite). And that’s pretty much all I’ve eaten except a smidge of my sandwich and an egg. So, I guess the running really is necessary…

Sigh. I think this is probably long enough, eh? So I’m going to go finish the memoir and do precal. I’m really glad that I’m writing this; it’s really actually kind of necessary. And then I’ll eat fajitas. I should really learn to cook like my parents; I can’t cook if my life depended on it.

No comments: