Thursday, February 08, 2007

Stalling...


I'm stalling. No denying it. I'm pretty much jamming out to music and oddly not worrying about the precal test tomorrow. It's basically going to suck the life out of me tomorrow. But hey, who cares? I'm not usually this "I don't give a crap," but today I am for sure. I just had a good day today; I'm not letting something stupid ruin it. And know what? I was just flipping through an old book of mine. It's a biography of Charles Schulz. Did you know that he failed out of 8th grade? And in highschool, he didn't do much better. He flunked several classes, like geometry and junior physics. Among other things. And look what he grew up to be! That book gives me an odd sort of hope, a distant dream. I got the book in.. 6th grade? I think. Well, I got it with a sort of admiration of this man. I mean, seriously, Schulz, Watterson and Borgman and Scott are the men I look up to. They all fall in the same category. Great cartoonists. I got the book and a tiny seed was planted, a distant dream. Looking at the book re-ignites my dream. Did you know that he got his first drawing published when he was 17? That sounds kinda familiar.... Well, here's a tribute to a great man. He died 7 years ago. (Well, almost. He really died the 12th of Feb, I think). Hats off to you, Charles.

No comments: