Saturday, April 07, 2007

Dreams

Well, okay. So my grandparents are here. It's always interesting when they visit. They're kind of health nuts, so they adore places like Vitamin Cottage and Trader Joe's. I actually relate to them a lot of the time; I actually surprisingly enjoy talking to them. I honestly get along better with my grandfather (Opa, as I call him), and actually talked to him for a long time today about, well, my spring break and also about colleges in general. I like talking to him because he doesn't berate or ridicule me in any way. He asks what I enjoy doing, and he listens more than spouting out advice.

Okay, well, anyway, I got kind of off topic. Getting back to what I was originally going to say, I have been thinking about dreams lately. It's kind of weird. I go through little phases in which I remember dreams for a few nights, and then I go back to my same old not-remembering-dreams way. I decided to relate just a few, before I forget them (just recently I had these).

First off, here's a good dream, actually. So I was in the RV, and we were going to visit my relatives (it was summer). We narrowly escaped a tornado, and we finally ended up at JMU (James Madison University). I wandered down the halls with the tour, but somehow got lost. I wandered hall after hall (all of which looked remarkably like the halls at my high school, complete with yellow lockers), and I rounded a corner and stepped into a large lecture hall. There I saw a man scribbling at big desk, and he looked up. It was Gysbertus. So, I forget the details, but I basically talked to the guy for a really really long time. He told me that he, since he was a professor, could automatically admit me. He did, and I became a humanities major. Well, then we went through his back door, which opened into Mr. T's biology room somehow. And then we walked up to Ms. B.'s room to tell her. And from there I kind of forget what happened, but there were locusts in the halls at the high school.

Okay, new dream. This one is quite interesting. I don't remember where I was or what was going on, but it was night time and I snuck into a room with a computer. I hurredly logged on and was reading a friend of mine's blog. Well, basically, I read it, and it said all this horrible stuff. Hm, how should I put this.. he was basically posting how he was vacationing at some remote spot with a teacher-friend of his. And he was posting about how they were planning murders. They were planning on murdering several students/teachers, and eventually taking over the school? The details are quite hazy, but yes. I don't know why he would even post such a thing (I would think it'd be kind of.. secret), but hey. It's just a crazy dream. It was really real somehow, though.. Weird.

Well, this one is even weirder. Man, I remember there was so much plot to this dream, but somehow it is all opaque and hazy now... let's see. I think someone stole my car, so I had to ride my bike to school instead of driving. I tried, but then there were these guards near the stoplight out of town who told me to turn around, that no bikes were allowed, only cars. So I rode around on my green bike (my bike is not green, by the way) and I came to this tavern, kind of by the current fire station, next to my brother's daycare. It was sort of a pub. I tied up my bike with rope, for some reason, and I walked in. It was dimly lit, but very busy. There was a commotion by the bar, and I walked over to see what everyone was gawking over, and there was a (don't laugh) leprechaun. He was about 3 inches tall, and quite proportionate.

No comments: