Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snow!!

Finally-- the first signs that winter is actually coming close upon us-- SNOW!! Snow is actually pretty powerful. I mean, of course it is powerful (like avalanches and such), but it is also powerful in that it can instill in people a content/ happy sort of feeling. Maybe it's just me, but seeing snow completely cover my backyard makes me want to run through it, dive in it, and throw it in the air.
And so that is precisely what I did when I got home from school. Today wasn't necessarily a bad day, but it most certainly wasn't the best. What with doing the career thing in Ms. Baas' class, taking Thurston's Cellular Respiration test (that I can only cross my fingers and help for the best on), watching that stupid sex movie in health, yet again feeling incompetent at juggling club, and dealing with the Quiet Lady during SAT prep, I think I really needed this cold, white gift. I like snow...even though it's a pain to deal with on your car...
So now, after romping about in the snow like a spaz, I do beleive things are better, even if it's just a tad. Now that I got that burst of crazy out of me, I need to kick off my hiking boots, grab a yogurt, and lock myself in my room with my Precal notes, book, and pretest. The least that woman could have done was to grade our quizzes we took weeks ago...
I was thinking yesterday in that class, as I often do, as no one really sits by me. In English yesterday, we were having a discussion about how well the "horses" did as leaders. Anyway, what came up is that equality and fairness are NOT the same thing. In our little government in the classroom, things were certainly not equal, but I tried to make them fair. Gov'ts should BE fair. Shockey, I decided, is neither equal nor fair. It makes me rather angry. But mostly the fact that she pretty much hates everyone, and pretty much loves Drew. That's just wrong.
So. Plan for now. Get off the addicting computer. Go do precal. (and kind of forget about stats for now).
Snow is great. I have a sneaking suspicion that if there were no snow, I'd be in a horrible, grouchy, sullen mood. But, fortunately, I'm in a lighthearted mood. Which is quite surprising considering I have a huge-o test in my least favorite subject.


1 comment:

The One said...

i love snow! sometimes, but your picture isnt very happy you might want to cheak it. it says its copyrighted adn stuff,