Sunday, November 26, 2006

Rollicking is an uber cool word. People should use it more.

So, it's been a long while since I've posted, but I am kind of hesitant to post, as I don't know what to say. I have a lot of things to type/ say, a whole lot, but I am batting things back and forth in my head-- what I should say and what should be left unsaid. I realize I don't have whole lot of time right now (I still have some precal to do), so I think I will try and keep things concise. But lets just say that, even though this was perhaps the oddest, most ridiculous long weekend ever, I am glad overall. Perhaps I am learning/growing/changing. I hope for the better. Just now Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was on. And the part I was watching was when Rudolph was growing up. As he grew up, the narrator said, he learned something. He learned that to solve problems, to deal with things, you can't run from your problems. You really can't just keep running and hiding. So Rudolph decides to leave Misfit Island and go back to confront all the other reindeer. Now, I'm not saying I'm at all Reindeer-like. I just thought it pleasing that I, in a sense, am like Rudolph in that I am growing older and realizing that fact. I think I realized it subliminally, but still. I am not pleased with a certain fact about myself. But I realized (perhaps was quickly forced to realize) that even though I don’t like this fact doesn’t mean that I need to wig out or run from it. I’m not embracing it. I’m not totally 180 degrees from who I once was. In life, sometimes, I think you might just have to accept facts as facts, and not freak. Just deal. Be cool. Be chill. Hm. Well, anyway. The rest of my weekend…which I suppose would just be the end of Saturday and today… was relatively uneventful, but still nice. I was glad that R.Y.D. and S. weren’t there, and I was also glad that I was able to have a nice, long conversation with Karla, who spoke to me like more or less an equal and didn’t dis me. It reminded me of Breckenridge this summer when we talked for uber long periods of time. I was also happy that I, along with William, got to help my mom teach the little kids Sunday school. Also, I was glad for the simple fact that it was Sunday and I was at church and we sang a lot of sweet hymns and I like being there, singing those hymns and saying that liturgy. On a different note, I am way pleased with the way our English game turned out (here’s a shout out to Kels: Thanks again for making the duck, sheep, and pig. They are sooo cute!). I shall now include a picture of the board(I'd include a picture of the game pieces, but they are, alas, at Sarah's house.They rock though!)...

but it is now much better looking, with all sorts of rockin’ arrows which make it much more clear which way players are supposed to go. I’d better not forget it tomorrow! (I could see me forgetting that). And yay—no bio homework. If I DID have bio due tomorrow, I’d be all “Yarg! Noo!” and probably would not be blogging away right now. Okey. Well, all in all, this was a good weekend. I, like my i-pod, have become recharged this weekend. And now am ready (or as ready as I’ll ever be) for a rollicking good week at school. (PLEASE let the precal test not kill me!)

May everyone reading this have some rollicking good fun this week.

Rollicking good.

No comments: